I am a 500-hr Registered Yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance. I also studied at the Inner Peace Yoga Therapy center and received a yoga therapy certificate. I have been teaching yoga since 2009, and have acquired over 950 hours in teaching students in classes, privately or in workshops. I specialize in helping maturing adults and senior citizens maintain a healthy lifestyle through yoga. Yoga classes are taught in a calm, slow and relaxing environment. This approach makes yoga accessible to people with physical limitations, stress, or to those that feel yoga is too difficult. Yoga classes focus on maintaining and improving overall health and learning how to apply this in daily life to assist in improving balance, mobility, flexibility and strength.
I also specialize in helping those with chronic pain and fibromyalgia because I have experienced this pain myself after several auto accidents. I found that yoga helped me the most during my own healing process and that I was able to move my body without causing flare-ups. I have over 300 hours of training with renown yoga instructors such as:
- Yoga for Chronic Pain – Neil Pearson, MSc, BScPT, BA-BPHE, CYT, RYT-500: Integration of the neurophysiology of pain and the utilization of yoga as a preventative and rehabilitative modality.
- Functional Yoga Therapy-Maria Kali Ma, RN, MS: Advanced anatomy and physiology, advanced postural assessments, muscle strength and flexibility testing.
- Ayurveda and Yoga Training-Dr. Marc Halpern, DC, CAS: Adapting yoga classes for individual ayurvedic constitution.
- Adapting Yoga for Heart Disease – Nishala Joy Devi: Physiology and psycho-social aspects of heart disease.
- Yoga for Grief and Cancer-Antonio Sausys, BA Psychology, MA Psychotherapy: Addressing symptoms of grief and applying yoga techniques to rediscover new pathways and to cope with effects of cancer treatment and surgery.
- Yoga for Recovery-Durga, BA, CAS, PKS: Correlating the 12 steps with yoga and ayurveda
- Yoga for Depression – Amy Weintraub, MFA, E-RYT-500; yoga tools for mood management
- Yoga as Medicine – Dr. Timothy McCall
Please feel free to utilize the form below to send me a message containing your questions and comments. I shall respond as soon as possible.